CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Aloha Magnolia Sketch Challenge

Thank you Claudia for this great sketch challenge and for making such great magnolia cards.....You are such an inspiration....I used the hula Tilda and tree since I do live in Hawaii and I have yet to make a card with her....I colored her with copic markers and the copic glitter pens which make the tree and her lei stand out....I used Blossom alpha from quickutz to cut the word aloha....The card size is 5 1/2 by 5 1/2....I should have made it a little larger I think...
I don't think you can really see the glitter pen show up it was after 5P.M. when I took my pictures and the lighting wasn't all that great....Also this is the first Magnolia card that I didn't cut off the wings.....I have such a hard time getting them to look like all the other ladies do...
I used SU dimensional pop dots to pop up Tilda but again I don't think you can see that to well....I would love to hear what you think.....Thanks for stopping by....Happy Stamping....


9 comments:

Suzanne J Dean said...

Really cute--I love the color combo, so tropical! I have this Tilda on order, so hopefully she'll be coming soon :)

TFS--
Suzanne Dean

Anonymous said...

My goodness you've been a busy lady! I thought I would check out your blog and actually respond...Anyway, I had just finished reading Tilda with Broom (Which i loved!) When you posted the Aloha Magnolia sketch, which is too cute. But I thought the size of it was just fine. but then again, what do I know. :) As always, I'm eager to see what masterpiece you'll come up with next!

Anonymous said...

If you were to make the card again,
I hope it is ok to make a suggestion. I would re-position the palm tree. As the bottom of the tree is level with her feet, it seems either Tilda or the tree is out of proportion. I would move the tree up as high as it will go so the bottom just tucks behind the Aloha sign. Center the Aloha saying on the band of yellow.
Your coloring and choice of colors is awesome.

Diana

Susan said...

I think she rocks! Love the colors and I can just feel that tropical breeze on my skin. Love your papers. I tried that card size and really enjoyed it. I'm trying another today. Great job, but then I love all your stuff!

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

this is simply adorable!!!
love all your coloring and the layout is fantastic .
thanks for using my sketch.
hugs
claudia

Kim said...

LOVE your card! The colors are awesome....it makes me want to come to Hawaii and visit you!
Hugs~ Kim

Jeanette said...

Hi Kristina, What a great card I love the color scheme! Thanks for your kind words on my blog. You asked about my ribbon trim. It is Adhesive ribbon by K&Company. Enjoy your day! Jeanette

mueppi said...

Your card is so great and I love your colouring!
Hugs Gisela

stampingtink said...

Forgot to tell you I left you something on my blog. Go take a peek!