CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 20, 2009

A Little Scrapbooking

TGIF...I love Friday it's always nice to look forward to the weekend and spending quality time with the family...Today is the last day of school for the boys and they start their two week spring break...We are taking vacation to Kauai next week for seven days...Yippee...We are so excited...

Today's project is a little wall hanging that I made for our friends Devon & Shelia....This was at our house for our New Years Party....The photo is of Vernon (my hubby), myself and Devon....Unfortunately Shelia had a little to much to drink and was not in the picture....But we all had a great time....

Back to the project....I used my BIA to cut two pieces of 4X6 black Chipboard which I just tied ribbons to bind it together....I painted the black Chipboard with a little silver paint....I then cut one black and one pattern paper with the spellbinders die and embossed the black one and brushed it with silver paint....I somehow got paint on the photo so I just sponged paint around the edges to make it look like I had meant to do it....lol....I printed the info on a piece of vellum and added a velvet flower with brad....OMG those flowers smell so bad....

I cut the flourish with a sizzix die and added some bling to make it pop....I used some making memories black clips to hang it and added some glitter silver brads on top of the silver ribbon....It was a really simple little project that I think they will enjoy....I really love this photo of the three of us....We will truly miss our dear friends when they move....Being a military family we experience friends coming in and out of our lives and there are very few that actually will be lifelong friends....Devon & Shelia have become friends that we will have in our lives for many many years....I hope you have a great weekend and like the project that I have made...We are having dinner with them tonight so I will give them their gifts so I will let you know what they think....Have a great weekend and I hope you enjoy the project I made...Happy Stamping....


2 comments:

Kim said...

What a beautiful LO! Love the colors! That's amazing!
Hugs~ Kim

Kelly Schelske said...

It's beautiful Kristina, I bet they loved it!!

Hugs, Kelly